gallery review

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Sept. 14, 2013. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.htmlinclude:

           Dan Mitchell - Colorful Clown-- Yes it is a colorful clown. Moving your position to obscure her, or waiting until the person in the background moved away would make this a much stronger image. The lines running through the background are also a distraction. Bummer because that is one happy clown and could have been a great shot.

           Lea Murphy - Edyn in the garden-- My thoughts about this image are written in the info accompanying it. Synopsis: I love this image.

           Bob McCulloch - Aquinnah-- The fence and your position make for great leading lines but to where? There's too much visual distraction (white car and truck, power poles, things on roofs, etc)  to enjoy the serenity of the water.  A less busy time of day might have been a better option. But dang the way the fence leads down that road is nice.

           Robert G. Earnest - Nicely done. WHAT have you done? One light is missing its pole (the moon?) but I LOVE how the starbursts lead the eye around and through this image. Even the triangle edge of the sidewalk area on the right side works to mimic the light triangles and keep the eye in the frame. I'm not sure how much manipulation you did to the color but you did a great job getting/keeping that Mini Cooper white.

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com