Re: Gallery Review

Don Roberts
Wagon Wheels
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery/droberts.html

It's a nice enough shot, but a little tight on the crop. If there were stuff you didn't want in the photo outside of what you showed, you might consider moving it the next time.

Jim Snarski
Painted Lady
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery/snarski.html

Interesting sharpness pattern. I wish the underside of the port side wing were sharper. And the second flower really distracts from the butterfly. Nice and colorful but the poor butterfly is sort of overwhelmed by all the rest of the stuff in the image.

Emily L. Ferguson
Autumn is coming where I live.
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery/ferguson.html

this is just beautiful...the rock and the white flowers in the foreground pull the eye up to the flame colored tree...so reminds me of when I lived in New Hampshire...nicely done...

Thanks.  We're reaching for real autumn here now.

John Palcewski
Dite Formaggio!
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery/palcewski.html

Well, it's a nice spoof, but need some fill on the camera. The image sinks into blackness.

Dan Mitchell
The exhibit
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery/mitchell.html

Nice sharpness, interesting palette for a museum, kinda eerie in the flat grayness. Are those radiators around the bases of each pole? Something very Edward Gorey about the perspective.

Michael Hughes
Puppet in Praha
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery/hughes.html

Clearly the image is in need of rotation. You need to make sure you point your focus point to the thing you want sharp. The lady's varicose veins are sharp while the puppet isn't.

Christopher Strevens
Trader
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery/strevens.html

There were a lot of options here for composition and you chose the most generic one. Work the situation a bit, Chris. This could be a successful shot even with the bland light.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx