Re: PF members exhibit on 8/17/13

On Aug 18, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Randy Little wrote:

I would say if thats the case then the front rocks need to be burned in more to make then less bright.   My eyes don't want to leave the rocks.   Darker rocks brighter other stuff rocks less important while staying part of the composition.

This and other comments bring to light the inherent problem with digital which no manufacturer has been able to overcome through technology: it is still too contrasty to provide much of a challenge to film. Perhaps the digital backs costing above $50k do it fine, but the small sensors made without the application of ‘fat’ sensors are too imperfect for most artists. Film would have given a different result here.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Art for Cars: art4carz.com