Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 6314/Ice Cream Man

Indeed the actual ice cream is not perfect - bright light and white shiny ice cream are a troublesome mixture, but I did like the subject; there is a character there.

I found the exceedingly tiny Canon digital Ixus 500 here in UK at a sub-100GBP price new. Even at full zoom, at any distance from one's subject, it is not at all obvious that it is capable of good close-ups like this week's shot.  These candid shots record fleeting moments and I rarely get a second chance to improve the composition. The occasion was a local Historic Vehicle rally with hundreds of people milling around the classic cars and commercial vehicles.

Dan Mitchell
danmdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx