Re: Jan your car designs has competion from fiat

On Aug 7, 2013, at 5:22 PM, MichaelHughes7A@xxxxxxx wrote:

Does not design copyright exist to protect a particular image.

The concept is "design patent".  Copyright protects images.

If you have devised a unique process this could be covered by a patent

Sorry, not unique.  There are lots and lots of automobile wraps out there.  Most are advertising.

However the real costs arise if you pursue legally someone who infringes your rights.

Patent law suits can be really expensive.  Copyright suits not so much especially if the work is registered so you can claim statutory damages.  Since Jan has been to the rodeo before, we can assume his works are registered.