Re: PF members exhibit on 07/20/13

I see this week's free-for-all is largely about headless women.

Dan Mitchell - Three Sisters

OK - they are in dressed in bw and may not entirely be 'sisters' but perhaps are sisters under the skin so to speak. I'm sure the comment should read, "taken while impatiently awaiting significant other". I'm glad you cut their heads off, as otherwise we would be asked to appraise their beauty or lack thereof.

John Palcewski - Aglaia, Euphrosyne, and Thaila

Another set of headless women and this time it is not possible to see their heads from a different perspective. I'm happy to hear that Jack decided not to buy a replica sculpture, as how does one care for the replica as life moves along and you find a replacement for Vittoria who will most likely not want to give the replica anything other than closet space in which to reside.

Tim Halberg -

And yet a third headless woman. Unlike the other headless women, this seems to be a bit fetishistic. ARe these breasts you know or simply desire? I would say this is a brave image to enter in the free-for-all. "Playful couple" could mean all kinds of things which many Americans would leave unstated and in the closet.

Andrew Sharpe - Cactus flower, 2013
I'm glad that Andrew is back shooting flowering things and not architecture.

Bob McCulloch - Garden at Perkins Cove

This is a shot which exhibits many points of interest, but I think that since you have two perfectly good feet, you might have walked to another spot in the garden, bent down, and tried to make a more ground level shot with fewer distractions and more perspective.

Christopher Strevens - Confined

I can't do gardens any longer due to rough footing. But yeah, terrorists are everywhere.

Andrew Davidhazy - Road ahead

I guess we can assume you were not driving. Was the experiment successful? I was under the impression that one only needed 1/4000th to stop motion. Was the lens resting on the dash, or were you holding it up? It appears to be a lesson in symmetry and a possible experiment to see if a 5D really has the soul to make art. I need to see the Polaroid version to make an accurate assessment.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Camera Works - The Washington Post