Re: PF members exhibit on 07-13-13

I think its more a limited view of art. Some of the comments are tantamount to saying I don't think you used enough paint.  Or saying I would never want to meet a sepia sailor.  Its a rediculous comment to be part of a critique.  The irony being that these obvious passive agressive style of comments come from the same people who criticize others because of there direct comments.

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

-------- Original message --------
From: Jan Faul <jan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/17/2013 8:57 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PF members exhibit on 07-13-13

On Jul 17, 2013, at 10:49 AM, karl shah-jenner wrote:

Jan, why are rolling hand grenades into the fire?

that's my job!

Apparently there are malcontents here who feel it is their job to deliberately slam my efforts. I’m not sure why they do so, but it seems to be repayment for an imagined unwarranted criticism or slight from some time back. One seems to dislike me for whatever reason they’ve invented, and the other can’t stand criticism of his/her work. Frankly, if you can’t take criticism, never show your stuff here. On the other hand, if you think you might learn something from somebody who does not see your work with the rosy feelings you have, then by all means, enter it into the weekly free-for-all.

And yes, to those of you who think there is money in what I am doing, I certainly hope so! Be advised that I still only have one foot and sit in a wheelchair much of every day, even when traveling. How many of you travel with a wheelchair in the back of the car so when you get up in the morning you don’t have to immediately strap on your carbon fiber leg so you can painfully do the same little routine every morning?

As I am mostly wheelchair bound I needed to find a new career I could do at my own desk rather than walk on (for example) grass, rocks, beaches, gravel, pea gravel, rocky shores, golf courses, brick walkways, slanted surfaces, sailboats, running trains, Metro cars, rough sidewalks, historic properties, and so forth. I am best on flat floors of wood and vinyl tile. I will never be able to easily walk let alone shoot in the places I used to rush into ad plop down a tripod, or where I see members of this forum working. That part of my career is pretty much over, and only because I don’t want to fall and injure myself more.

If you think I am thrilled by being confined to floors for the rest of time, you have serious issues not having to do with me. Like I said, learn to meditate, as you will feel better for it.

I was actually hoping to begin using 105mm shells soon, as I am running low on grenades.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Art for Cars: art4carz.com