Re: Enlarger question

Oh but make sure all the contacts are covered or the arc from people electrocuting themselves will ruin many prints.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Randy Little <randyslittle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The timer.   Yes 10x3 and 3x10 SHOULD work without reciprocity failure.    Minolta used to make an enlarger that was basically a strobe that fired super short duration burst for a given time. (like 20Hz)   I don't remember anyone actually liking the enlarger but it worked.     You could use a cheap quartz wall clock and wire it so that at 12 the circuit is open and both the clock and the light are off.   I'm not sure how you could get longer then a minute this way.   Would have to see if you can wire the minute hand vs the second hand and then when minute hand hits 12 it shuts off.  I have no idea if that will work as I have not even tried before BUT those cheap quartz wall clock engines are pretty accurate.   I have made clocks from them.  It should be easy to do and it should work you could even wire the hour hand after looking at this thing.     Super easy super accurate.  $5.