Re: PF members exhibit on June 22, 2013

I wouldn't say her face is badly lit Andrew its darker then what would normally be seen on a face,  but to me (because I have reference)  It says exactly how we both felt by that time of the day.
The scarf was the prop in the next set up for the client.  As you can see its kicking a boat load of light back which is why she is wearing it so we can get a ration down.  (Phosphate either in the Dye or when it was washed GRRR bad stylist.)
Its all those imperfections that I like. Its also pretty perfect exposure wise though.  Proper dmax and dmin with just enough light coming off the egg shell to be white but not flare out.  I guess its that dichotomy.

 Most of my personal work is very unclean. Have you looked at the bamboo in the X gallery?   Its sort of combo super clean but with the imperfections all left in.   Maybe its a bit of the movies I work on influencing what I like now as well.   In most cases we are going for real lighting not pretty lighting.   Still photographers used to do every thing possible to not get lens flare.  We where scolded in college for not have the compendium on the cameras.   I have had to go out of my way on movies to get lens flare.   For the longest time I was just like, "this makes NO SENSE."   But the imperfections are what help sell the suspension of disbelief.

You aren't expected to like it.   You review helps remind me that you don't have the backstory and why would I expect any other type of comment from you.

Andrew you obviously can expose a shot.   I would just say that in my view of how I shoot for me. The technical is to support what I want not to confine me to what is technically correct.   (OMG I DO HAVE A DEGREE IN ART.)  (I would just call BS on myself but I really think that way)

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/