Re: PF members exhibit on 8 JUN 2013

On Jun 9, 2013, at 2:21 PM, RsLittle wrote:

Jan I'm waiting for y0our view on my series in 10 gallery.   Really.  I
Its my first still seri

es since 321111111111100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.I left new york for the film world.  Some of them are currently on display at Chiat/Day in L.A.  In an APA EXIBIT.

I went over nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (Editing by Squeak my studio cat)  the bamboo shots and instantly recognized them as the same plants which took over my mother�s yard about 30 years ago.  If you ever plant bamboo anywhere, make sure you really love it as you will get slammed. Bamboo is largely ignored both as a building material and as a decorative plant in the US, where any farmer worth his salt will go on and on about what a pest it is.

But carefully lit and styled it will look as timeless as the material is. I�m sure the desire to �fix� its defects was great, and I think it is good they are still there. They are a series of elegant shots done is a way only studio light can muster.

Chiat/Day impresses me a little as it is one of the largest agencies. APA is the mis-named American Photographic Artists which should be named either American Commercial Photographic Artists, or perhaps just simply, American Photographic Hacks. When ASMP imploded and lost a reported �hundreds of members� including me, APA could not get their act together to pick them up, and that was a serious mistake. I used to be a member, but... they don�t seem to have an opinion about anything substantive. I won�t go into the long story they gave me, but it was utter BS. My avice would be to go on your own and to hell with APA. They are not a safety net and clients don�t care what they stand for.

NIce work all in all, but stay away from photo organizations which charge an arm and a leg for what?

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Camera Works - The Washington Post