RE: PF members exhibit on 8 JUN 2013

More picture talk:

Michael Hughes - Old Timers

Nice photo record of a dapper gent and his lady in their classic auto. I would personally prefer less detail in the green background and both of the humans looking at the same thing. But as I said, it is a good photo record. Incidentally, the Singer 9 was built from 1939 through 1949. So this was quite likely a 40s vehicle.

Dan Mitchell Knaresborough

A very pretty idyllic shot of a place I have never been. It is definitely worth seeing. The detail is good. The composition is good. The color is good, as the deep blue of the river acts as a centerpiece for everything else. Since this is a favorite spot of yours, how about another shot when the deciduous trees have a bit more foliage?

Art Faul - Ten Foot Poles, Arild

A well-balanced, nicely toned image. I didn’t care for the tree on the right with its tip just barely breaking the horizon until I saw the very small boat just to its left that provides perfect balance to its break in the horizon. And the “Ten Foot Poles”? Here in Wyoming, they would be demarcation markers for snow travel, although we use such markers mainly on roadways. In Sweden, I’m not sure what they would be used for.

“The mysteries of art” is an interesting concept, and not one I have endeavored to attempt. But then I am not currently trying to do art photography, either. I am working on learning travel photography where I shoot, discuss very briefly, and let the image/description pique the interest. But I guess you are trying to pique the interest as well. So even though the means are different, the goal is similar.

John Palcewski – Shattered

I REALLY like this image. The (almost subliminal) shapes, the colors, the patterns. There was a LOT of thought put into this seeming simple photo. The more I look, the more there is to see.

Yoram Gelman - Flowers / Rain

Excellent concept, but in the execution, the background behind the flowers is just a bit too noisy for me. Please keep working on the concept, however!

Christopher Strevens - Woking, the way to Salisbury

The dude is fairly well framed with leading lines, but the person in the red jacket kind of gets lost in the background and takes away from the overall effectiveness. So how did you tie all of your equipment together? Were three pieces of equipment necessary?

Peace,

rand