Re: FB

On 2013-06-08 17:06, wpettit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If anyone is on Facebook, you should be aware that they sell your personal information and any images you post there belong to them.  Their Terms and Conditions are legal. They track every other web site you visit and create a behavioral profile that they sell to all comers.  I strongly suggest you investigate Ghostery and DoNotTrack me.

This is untrue alarmist nonsense.  Facebook is plenty bad enough without
making up imaginary problems.

They don't sell personal info; they sell the opportunity to ask me to
share my personal info, and they sell list selection based somewhat on
personal info.

And they do NOT claim ownership of photos posted there; they claim the
right to display them both directly and through partners -- which is why
I posted them there in the first place; if they couldn't do that,
there'd be no point in my posting them.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info