Re: Forgot to Provide Data

Satire?  Oh!  You mean when you say something the Sounds hurtful, but you say it with such exaggerated affection that it is clearly NOT supposed to actually BE hurtful?  Why, I've NEVER heard it used before; I know it only from having read about it.  Dear ME.  But tell me, can it go further?  I mean, can you use such exaggeration to, say, cover up something actually hurtful.  That is, make it SOUND like a satire but actually intend it to be hurtful?  Well!  Now, where can we go from here? -- but I hear it's time for the tea party where, you see, we talk about photography.

  -yoram

On Jun 8, 2013, at 9:50 AM, John Palcewski wrote:

> Satire:  The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose
> and criticize people's stupidity or vices or obsessive reliance on
> technical data.
>

> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Louie Powell <lpowell1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What was wrong with Minor White's "the camera was used faithfully"?

___
ygelmanphoto@xxxxxxxxx
www.ygelmanphoto.com