Re: PF members exhibit June 1, 2013

At 12:13 AM -0400 6/1/13, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated June 1, 2013. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

Having trouble getting excited about much in this week's gallery so this is about it.

            Andrew Sharpe - Bing Concert Hall, Stanford University

Double paned big glass panels do really interesting things to reflections. I like the b&w but wonder what the image looked like in color.

            John Palcewski - Wet

The street's wet, but aside from that... All I think of when I look at the image is why is she holding the paper bag in the same hand with the brolly and holding nothing in her other hand.

            Art Faul - Fire Starters, nr Honrnbaek 1984

I don't see anything starting a fire.

            Marilyn Dalrymple - Striking a Pose at Apollo Park

That big white blob really doesn't work for me. Did you hold the shutter release down and get a number of shots and move about to move the white blob out of the way?

            Bob McCulloch - Ogunquit Beach

Yeah. Assembled panos have this curve problem. And the beach is mute. There are tools to fix the first issue, but it seems the best way to deal with the second is to come back in the summer, or at sunrise, or at least in a good breeze.

            Randy Little - WALL

Stucco doesn't like water. What's on the other side of the wall that it needs to be so ferociously high and why are the two women facing a blank wall? Too many people in the image if the subject is the wall. I wish there were some light which might reveal why those people are there.

            Yoram Gelman - Huangshan Peak No 2

The image has an affinity with etching, both in the lack of sharpness and in the antique palette. But the frozen-in-some-olden-time spirit of it leaves me moving on to something else.

Last week the counter read 4440 and when this collection was installed the counter read 4606

Enqueued for future installation: - no work enqueued for next week! This is an opportunity to contribute!!

To participate in this activity find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx