Re: June 1, 2013 Reviews

Fixing lens distortion is not something I do often as it changes the Image cropping and I usually try to use the entire frame as in this image.   When fixed the lower right person becomes cut off.  Which to me is way worse then distortion.

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

-------- Original message --------
From: David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/02/2013 8:01 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: June 1, 2013 Reviews

On 2013-06-02 13:00, Randy Little wrote:
> I was asked to fix the lens distortion, and I said, "why?".

If that's actually lens distortion (bottom of the wall seeming to bulge
towards us, in particular), I almost commented on it myself.  It lends a
bit of an air of surrealism -- which I think that particular photo would
be better off without, since it has enough real-world interest.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info