Re: The John Ploy Award 04-06-13

>>           Bob McCulloch - Tug Steven Scott
It's a nice boat and a nice background but the composition isn't grabbing me.
Yes, the other swirls in the water (from a previous move / another boat) ... I find them to distract rather than add
harmony.

>>           Dan Mitchell - Vanishing point

I like the picture, simplicity, clarity, exposure.

I do have a nit to pick - I wish the camera had been lower, so the peripheral verticals were upright.

>>           Pini Vollach - Windy

A really nice picture - that's it.

>>           Alberto Tirado - Cloud rainbow.

As a picture in it's own right - there are a lot of flaws.

But I've never seen this type of rainbow so now know I'm missing out.

>>           Art Faul -

I find cars a bore. A good way to get from A to B but beyond that, I don't even put mine through the car wash.

However - if there's a market there and you can exploit it - good one.

Yes - everyone is a photographer now - it's never been easier to take great photos.

>>           Pablo Coronel - Seabord railway remembered

Nice photo - but not giving me any real buzz

>>           John Palcewski - WTF?

Ah - it's one of those "snaps from life".  No, I don't know what's going on - but actually, I don't care.

First thought was golfers (from the way they were dressed) but no clubs etc so basically, I don't get it, or even why I
am supposed to want to get it.

No awards from Me - I don't give them. But Pini's was my favourite this week