Re: The John Ploy Award 04-06-13

>           Rob Talbot - No People

An interesting composition con color and texture. The placement of the main line seems to me a very good choice, breaking the monotonous pattern.

>           Bob McCulloch - Tug Steven Scott
Everything about the sea seems romantic. I am curious and pleased about the "S" form on the water (probably from Bob's boat). If may I, I would have liked a little more sky and less water.
On a tangencial note, here in MX tugboats are surrounded by discarded car or truck tires to avoid direct contact with the big ships' hull, so I am curious about it too.

>           Dan Mitchell - Vanishing point
Good eye for an interesting composition, both in form and color. I can't figure out a function for that room, and perhaps that causes me some emotional stress.

>           Pini Vollach - Windy
The low contrast color seems to project a kind of peace, while the hair flying and surrounding the arm speak of action. A game of contrasts?

>           Alberto Tirado - Cloud rainbow.

Why did I use a 18mm when I have a 10mm? Because the polarizer is always put on the 18, and not in the 10. Next time!

>           Art Faul -
I can appreciate the perfection of this shot (and I presume, posterior color finishing). I think this is a commercial shot, but am personally not thrilled by cars!

>           Pablo Coronel - Seabord railway remembered

Creative and well concealed!

>           John Palcewski - WTF?
Walking Too Fast?
I like the scenery, but other than the person on the right seemingly talking in discontent to the photographer, I can't make anything on the story.

And now, the John Ploy Award for Photographic Excellence this week goes to... (drumroll)

Windy, by Pini Vollach!
I think this photo has a dreamy / fantasy touch. The hair is flowing just strong enough and I truly like the face silhouette showing through. I think it spells "Freedom", which is a high value of mine.

Congratulations, Pini, and thanks all.

Alberto Tirado