Art fro Cars

On Apr 7, 2013, at 4:03 PM, Alberto Tirado wrote:

          Art Faul -
I can appreciate the perfection of this shot (and I presume, posterior color finishing). I think this is a commercial shot, but am personally not thrilled by cars!

This requires thinking outside the box. Once and for all, my cars are not commercial shots. They are art on cars and are sold as such. I am neither selling the cars nor the color they came from the factory in. I sell the wraps I can give them according to the owner’s wishes.
Furthermore, they do not have to be ads. There is no Budweiser or EPson label on the cars. They are meant to be seen as art. Wrapping a car is a reasonably inexpensive process compare to painting. I guess we have all heard of Earl Sheib or other cheap car painter, but real paint jobs cost closer to $30,000 and more on cars like an Aston Martin. Wrapping is at least 50% cheaper.
All of my cars get ‘posterior color finishing’ or something similar as that is what people are buying. Anybody can get a car in gold, white, black, silver or a limited host of other colors. Owning a car with an abstracted or cropped color image on it is different. The car is the canvas for the art being driven around.
Since I no longer walk well on my favorite surfaces of grass and gravel, I have invented a new kind of job and it is called Art for Cars. It is the first time I’ve made prints on vinyl, and it seems to be the direction to go no matter what Alberto thinks of cars. Unlike prints on paper, prints on vinyl do not have to last 200 years. I don’t recall seeing any 200 year old cars, and indeed, nobody else has either. Henry Wilhelm’s number aren’t involved at all.

JAn

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------