Re: phree photoshop

No, I downloaded the Photoshop Elements 5.0 for free as a number of my photo club members have it. It works fine.I didn't need to load any previous software. I have a copy of Photoshop Elements 1.0 that I got free with a printer purchase years ago.   One can upgrade it to current 11.0 edition for $79.00. Full version is $99.00.

I did find evaluesoftware selling CS5 for win or mac at $349.99 for full version ( sounds legit but you never know)

At B&H full version of Photoshop CS6 is only $594.99 which surprised me as Adobe price is $699.
I don't know what the education/teacher edition of Photshop CS6 sells for.
Roy