Re: NY Post Runs Cover Photo of Man About to Die

On 2012-12-04 16:28, Randy Little wrote:
The roll of a journalist is to record history. All history in all
situations.   Without those pictures of those people falling to their
dealths events might well be forgot or changed as most oral and writen
history does in western culture.

I do agree. The 9/11 jumpers ARE an important thing to have recorded, it brings home just what the situation up there was.

And I think that, in fact, shooting the picture of the guy falling under the train is the right thing to do for somebody self-identifying as a photojournalist. And then I kind of think that not publishing it sensationally would have been the right choice by the newspapers; I don't think this shot actually illuminates much of anything, it's just sensational. (And perhaps deciding not to sell it right away might even be the right choice by the photographer; but these people need to make a living, and depending on their contracts they may not actually have the right to withhold their shots I think.)

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info