Re: NY Post Runs Cover Photo of Man About to Die

On 2012-12-05 10:33, Mauricio Montel wrote:

‘There was something cold in the calculated way in which he was waiting
for the bird’s wings to flap, for heaven’s sake,’ Nancy Lee said. ‘I was
a little surprised by that,

Possibly this interviewer hadn't talked to many photojournalists?

I think most people have to learn to suppress their emotions somewhat to be able to do that. It's a necessary part of the job. And some problems are so big that you, on the ground there, can do literally nothing significant to help -- except, maybe, possibly, taking pictures that will educate people elsewhere about just how bad the problem is, and get them to send more resources that direction.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info