Gallery comments

Rene M Hales

Vine On A Tree:  I enjoy this type of photograph very much.  This one, in particular, has a very earthy feel to it.  It has texture, muted colors – I’d hang this on my wall.

Emily L. Ferguson
Autumn is still working on happening here in MA:  Once, while at an art show opening, I told an artist his painting looked like a photograph.  I was trying to tell him the perspective, etc., was perfect and I admired him for that, but he wasn’t happy with my remark.  At times I see a photograph that reminds me of a painting and I mean that as a compliment – the photographer has taken her art to another level.   This photograph reminds me of a painting and I love it for that quality.  I hope my comment is taken as a compliment – that is how it is meant.  It’s beautiful.

Don Draper
Autumn's beginning:  Simple, clean, well composed and framed.  It should be on the cover of a CD for meditation.

Bob McCulloch
Moody City:  I like the contrasts of the different types of
architecture.  The clouded sky adds mood to the photograph, and the boats add interest.

Dan Mitchell
Tiger ! Tiger !:  He or she is really studying you, Dan.  I love the _expression_, the sharpness of every hair and whisker of the cat’s face and the intense green eyes.  The cat has the slightest smile on its face and reminds me of the Cheshire Cat.

Christopher Strevens
Funeral:  You caught the mood of the funeral, Chris.  The slight blurriness of the coffin and the back of the church beg the question – what happens from here on?

The fall theme of several of these photographs is invigorating.  I’m ready for a change – cool, clean, crisp air and colors that pop.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com
***
Where's Ezra? A children's story about being and having friends.
Marilyn Dalrymple, author; Leslie Duffey, Illustrator.
****
Bartholomew's Buttons, a children's story using the characters in
Where's Ezra? about work ethics. A delightful story beautifully illustrated by Leslie Duffey.