Gallery comments

My comments on this week's Photoforum gallery <http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html> pictures:

John Palcewski -- Subway -- Interesting, I get an almost otherworldly feeling off this guy (too much Men in Black, or Harry Potter, or something in my head presumably!). The rounded ceiling and the sign establish the New York Subway location even though the shot is away from the tracks. Also just as glad nobody seems about to die, so we don't have to worry about that.

Rob Talbot -- 53.139444,-4.275315 -- Nice colors textures and shapes, the four types of stone or other block paving plus the shiny bent steel. (Seems to be up in the far north of Wales; we only got to Cardiff and Tintern back in 1987).

Bobbi Blazy -- Dandelion -- Masquerading as some sort of insect, to my eyes! Looks like one big eye, with mouth parts in front of it :-). I like seeing an interesting photo of a non-perfect dandelion seed head.

Dan Mitchell -- Snow Land -- Very nice frosting of the trees, over quite a large area.

Randy Little -- Successful exposure test! (Presumably not what you actually were doing; I may have some prejudices on the subject of Polaroid :-) ).

Bob McCulloch -- Storm at National Harbor -- Maybe this needs to be bigger, or something. I feel the bridge, and especially the rather large boat, are lost in it. (In a way that doesn't make me feel the insignificance of man, or anything).

Marilyn Dalrymple -- Cactus Flower: Brasilicereus Phaeacanthus -- Interesting that they were so big; that scale isn't indicated at all in the photo, which is more of an abstract of the form to my eye. And the detail is too small to fully appreciate, I suspect, in this presentation.

Jan Faul -- William Patterson House, Gettysburg -- Trying to envision this with the things you removed, it's a VERY different picture, and I like your choice to shoot for a reasonable approximation of historical appearance. The curve in the roofline of the house bothers me (I haven't shot rotating-lens cameras, but I guess that's probably an aspect of that?) in that it takes my head out of thinking historically and leaves me thinking of modern technology. And the texture in the sky looks very strange to my eyes.

Thanks to everybody participating in the Gallery this week!
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info