Re: PF members exhibit on 09-29-12

At 1:30 PM -0400 9/29/12, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Sept. 29, 2012. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                 Jan Faul -

Yaquina Head light

Panos always do strange things to the shoreline. And the sky spectrum. I like the placement of the light, but I'm not very happy about the sky.

                 Lea Murphy -

I'm about to submit a piece to a show called "Shades of Gray". This might fit there.

I wish there were about 1/5" more depth of field.  The texture is lovely.

                 Ken Hendricks - DaVinci horse

Dunno what the deal is about this horse. Guess I've been paying too much attention to politics. But it's in the dark, and I'd like to to not be.

                 Randy Little -

Interesting twisted planes. Images like this need to be laden with allegory. I can't find it here.

                 Christopher Strevens - Waiter

He's a pleasant enough looking man. Sidelight's always nice but there's not quite enough. I'd also like to see the image larger.

                 John Palcewski - Rider in White

This business of chopping off the tops of people's heads - not my style. Not sure why you chose to have the dress sharp and the face soft. Not sure I think that's satisfying, visually.

                 Bob McCulloch - The Market

Strange proportions here. I feel like my head would hit the lanterns, they are so very prominent. I'd like more information at the bottom in front.

                 Yoram Gelman - Four Chairs

Yeah. I'm a sucker for these too, and this one certainly gives one interesting things to look at while not robbing the casual viewer's attention from the overall pattern. I think you cut the backs of the chairs off in a just about perfect place.

My thanks to Andy and his "crew". Submit tomorrow if you haven't already done so.

To participate in this activity find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Happy last few days of sailing, Andy!
--
Emily L. Ferguson