Re: Dust on Digital Sensors

On 2012-09-25 13:11, Randy Little wrote:
Well that why you have iSRD and digital ice corrections guys.   You then
can run 2 scans after doing your best to dust bust the film to then just
reveal to the iSRD scan where ever the dust is left.

I don't use Silverfast (iSRD seems to be specific to them, I had to look it up), but infrared detection of dust and scratches doesn't work on ordinary B&W film, which is most of what I've been dealing with lately.

What lab didn't
have a full time person with peerless water colors retoucing dust in the
old days?

I don't know. I never noticed the marks on the surface; did they have something to restore the texture with after spotting?

(I did some spotting myself on B&W prints, using Spotone dyes. Annoying, but I could improve things fairly quickly.)
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info