Re: Mixing digital photography with analog photography

Well then use a 16bit printer like say an epson r3800 or newer.   OR take your file to a lab and have them make a dichromic print.   A raw camera file is a larger color gamut them most film.   Its only when you use Jpeg that they are shrunk down to sRGB or adobe rgb.     My Leaf backs in raw camera space all have more GAMUT then film and I get a little more then 12 stops of exposure.  So 6 stops of latitude.  Thats 2 stops greater then any chrome film made ever.   (neg films like ektar get about 15 stops)  but guess what I can do?   I can do an hdri and then when properly and not gimmicky put together gets nearly a 10000:1 ratio that instead of compressing information like the zone system does actually has ALL that information as detail this file is 32bit FLOATING POINT which means it has instead of 256 or 65xxx  over a billion colors.

Randy S. Little