It has been said by many that the world will not completely heal from the wounds of WW2 until those who fought in and around it, are gone. WW2, the war after the war to end all wars, only got paid off by Britain in 2006. I was at Slapton Sands to shoot a D-Day training site and the announcer suddenly blurted out that the billions of Pounds Sterling in WW2 debt had finally been erased 70 years after the first loans for Lend-Lease ships, planes and materiel.
So progress, while painful, holds promise for the future. Yes, the previous generation struggled, and as I head into my old age, I am glad to not have struggled like they did.

Jan

On Sep 20, 2012, at 2:14 PM, Rene M Hales wrote:

So sorry for your loss.--Rene

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christopher Strevens
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:21 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Mum

Mum died yesterday afternoon. I am with her now. Lifes struggles are over. All that fighting and now she is dead. Now there is nothing. No sound no breath. No greeting smile nothing. She just lays there motionless. Is she with her mother and father, sisters, bothers or is there nothing just non existence. There is only the sound of the refridgeration unit and the traffic in the street outside. I am very sad, she was my lifelong friend and now she has gone.
Chris
Sent from my Windows Phone
No virus found in this message.