Re: Mum

Every time something goes wrong in my life, I try not to fault my parents for not warning me about things coming along like needing reading glasses or getting cavities. They never told me I couldn't wear my favorite clothes from when I was young, but the truth is, my ribcage has been growing steadily throughout my life, so no matter how much I dislike it, I am no longer a 42 Long.

At the moment I am relearning how to walk and unlike when I was little, there is no big hand to reach down and pick me up when I fall. My parents also did not warn me that there are careless idiots and morons masquerading as doctors who tell you they care but by taking their eye off the ball for a split second end up ruining your perfect game.

I’m now of retirement age myself, but can’t afford to do so. It’s not Obama’s fault, it’s that moron doctor up above who caused me to lose my left foot and thus spend three years sitting in a wheelchair. Having sat for 1365 days, I feel for those amongst up who worry about the future while they have little or no control of the present. Now that I am a PhD sitter, my belief is to let go and just do your best for yourself.

Don’t stop working, keep on creating and learning so you can make the parts of life you can see be more beautiful. Stay on the path and push forward to create that which you love. Keep at it so that if nothing else, when I get to Norwich next summer, we can throw a Photoforum dinner at the Old Rectory (or elsewhere). I hope Chris (the owner) takes this as fair notice that a bunch of photo crazies may show up in July and carry on until they throw us out. Anybody with a camera is welcome. Even a cell phone camera.

Jan