Re: PF members gallery on 08-18-12

At 5:50 AM -0400 8/23/12, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
                 Jim Snarski - Weaver
Actually a spinner. I think the spider is too hot and I wish the angle on her made her more immediately recognizably spidery. But this situation is pretty tricky to shoot.

actually, it's a Cross Orb Weaver like I said, aka European Garden spider, Diadem spider, Cross spider...looks pretty spidery to me...here's an interesting video of the little critter at work ( invoke the video Master Spinner Spiders, a master class in silk-spinning from the garden orb spider)-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/European_garden_spider#p00grb0l

     thanks for your input on the shot