Re: speedframes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Davidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: speedframes

Exposure time should be real Blur (at right angle to motion) length divided by vehicle speed - problem is that the blur is hard to determine in this photograph. Want a guess? 1/410 sec.!

:(
Andy

the blur is as you say hard to determine though I think the rumble pads on the white line are about 10cm square and visually the blur at about 10-15 degrees off the perpendicular sees them only displaced by about half their dimension, or a 50% inclrease in blur length. At his speed of291 kph or 80 meters per second (stupid speed, but I think he's trying to beat my venerable fathers road speed of 320kph).. I was impressed the whole things wasn't one big blur. I'm now told the camera records at 25fps.