Re: Jan Faul

I was just sitting here wondering how a bunch of adults could be so stuck in the past.

I’m not sure where the film is, but I have a CD with PTC written on it. I’ve been a little busy since 2001, as among other things I have shot about 8,000 rolls of 120 since then.

What have y’all be doing for 11 years? Anything productive and wonderful, or is checking in to photoforum the highlight of your day? I’m really curious, as photoforum hasn’t figured into any part of my life for more than a decade and yet I am here about to be hammered again.

What have I been doing since we last communicated? Oh, let’s see. Travelled a lot (28 months in the UK and Scotland without living there), shot almost 100 Civil War battlefields in 26 states, shot Normandy for a month and since NGS buys their good weather, it didn’t rain during any October day, travelled in and to 32 states to shoot various landscapes and then to cap it all off, got my left foot amputated due to a medical malpractice event in 2010.

I think that about sums it up, but now some folks here are dredging up the ancient past (for me) and I am frankly no longer interested. I spent almost three years getting over medical stupidities and you guys are still in 2001?

Of further note, there are some photos in the gallery and except for one which is composed, the others need help. They are grab shots, not well composed and just snapshots. Even though digital has invaded photography, it still takes an effort to produce a memorable photograph. Just because your camera can do things it didn’t used to be able to do, doesn’t mean you can take it easy and sit back and say things like “I’ve been told I have an eye” when you so clearly are not using it for the photographs you display. I mean wake up and smell the fecking coffee!!! Making good photographs is difficult and digital cameras haven’t changed that at all.

Now that 11 years is gone by I’m even harder to impress.

Jan