Parting thoughts about last week's PF gallery photographs

as seen at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

John Palcewski - Hand - this has a real 3D feeling to it which "makes" the photograph imo. Interesting how the hand and hair come into focus and appear to stand out from the scene.

Trevor Cunningham - evh - I guess I'd have to know more about evh - what did we do before large screen views of performers? should one look at screen or musician??

Yoram Gelman - Confucian Scholar Desks 	- unfortunately this is way too dark for my tatse. I realize the place is one dedicated to silence and meditation but much is lost in the darkness.

Pablo Coronel - Summery spirit - the photograph I think is a good start in  terms of the idea with the sunflower opening up much like Summer might be at the time but the overall unsharpness bothers me a bot.

Christopher Strevens - care - cafe make more sense you are right Chris. I like the overall look if the scene although the bright outdoors are a bit overblown - but we should be used to these artifacts ... one could argue that an HDR repro might be called for but I think that would be "overkill".

Sherie Taylor - Raising Bridge 	- nice symmetrical composition which seems to be at an angle and I am paying more attention to that than the scene.

Emily Ferguson - The modern age  - commentary on the age we live in - good idea.

Bob McCulloch - Tiger in the Backyard - hmmmm ... scary all right!! maybe backing off some or a smaller aperture might "improve" the photograph. Scary enough that I am not sure I would use it as a decorative piece in my home!!

Andy