Re: A few observations about current PF members work

On Jun 14, 2012, at 8:49 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

On view at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

             Yoram Gelman - Woman/Bridge - Eye catching minimalist composition. Tension created by free hanging edge of bridge. What is she doing one might ask? Peering through binoculars?? I like this photograph.

Thank you for the comment.  I find I often learn from others' views -- and this one especially.  When I was composing the image, I sensed the minimalism and the three element line-up of  lamp/lamp/woman but did not see two things in my final acceptance: the first is that the three element line-up somehow matches the three spaces in the bride structure on the right, and the second is the tension you mention with the bridge hanging off to the right.  I thought all I was doing was making it more pleasing to me.  It took others to point out the other features.

By the way, my guess is a camera in her hand.  Who would go around with binoculars when carrying a big handbag like that?  And her body position fits someone trying to get a good shot of something.  Just my opinion of course.

  -yoram