A few observations about current PF members work

On view at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

             Yoram Gelman - Woman/Bridge - Eye catching minimalist composition. Tension created by free hanging edge of bridge. What is she doing one might ask? Peering through binoculars?? I like this photograph.

             Ashley Simmons - hmmmm ... I guess I don't know enough about capture the flag game to make much sense of this. They look like they are dancing but one knows they are not. So what is going on? Regardless two things that bother me a bit is the fact the shoes of the man in foreground are chopped off and also that he is facing away from camera.

             Ken Sinclair - "Everyone nose.... I only have eyes for you" - Cute but a bit troublesome in terms of perspective. To "normalize" it I tried looking the the dog from about 4 inches from the screen but then I could not focus on them. Maybe should try with reading glasses. Or maybe it was intended to disturb the viewer in terms of perspective. Cute dog!!

             Dan Mitchell - Town Bridge - Sorry, this townscape does not do much for me. Looks like a nice place though. The bridge ending right in the middle of the frame bugs me a bit.

             Emily L. Ferguson - fish nest - interesting abstract - pleasant pattern of shapes and colors make  this a very decorative photograph.

             Bob McCulloch - Catskill Field - weird ... this photograph reminds me of Dan's town bridge photograph but a different landscape of course. Looks like a pleasant place to be in. Nothing seems to be drawing my attention other that as a whole it is a pleasant landscape.

Allan Rosen-Ducat's exhibition of his Ridge Line Project photographs at http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-10/

I think these photographs of land and sky/cloud formations are visually very appealing ... some more so than others but none is too shabby IMO. There is excellent textural quality to them. Emotions from strength to delicacy make the series worth perusing. I recommend them highly.