Re: IR conversion - Was: wannabe

I suspect that the high filter factor you see with the filter in front of the lens has to do with the spectral sensitivity of the metering sensor.  The R87 filter likely blocks in excess of 99 percent of the visible light thus the high filter factor.  The factory sensor filter blocks the IR light, to which, it seems, the unfiltered sensor is sensitive.

I'm guessing that it will take some experimentation to determine the correction factor from the 'normal' meter reading.  The proportion of IR light to visible light is quite variable and is strongly affected by time of day.

Cheers,
James

Sent from David's iPad