Feedback on this weeks photographs

As seen at the PhotoForum list's exhibit hall at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Tina Manley - Emigdio Avelara, Age 53 - Excellent character photograph - composition, texture, lighting, background ... all very appealing. Has "typical" Kodachrome look!

John Retallack - Genepool - In my opinion this family "snapshot" conveys much about the people and their character. Very good "environmental" record also besides being a photograph that links family members through history.

Michael Hughes - Shared Toil - When I first glanced at this photogrpah I thogght it was a real scene rather than a photograph of a real scene and the perspective "distortion" caught me eye trying to figure out how the effect was achieved. After a fraction of a second though it was clear of course. I wish the glare of the poster on lower left had not been there. Also that little tidbit of dark matter gets to one after a while.

Christopher Strevens - Waiting - Slice of life photograph. I am amazed that none of the figures has a tree sticking out of their heads ... ooops ... a pole out of the woman and girl's heads! There is not much in the photograph that makes me want to spend much time with it.

Andrew Sharpe - Gestalt - I am a "sucker" for design and patterns and this one is terrific. Clean, sharp and effective. IMO.

Pini Vollach - Delhi Jantar Mantar - Effective set of photographs and raises a twinkle in one's mind. Cute.

D.L. Shipman - Englewood gulf coast jungle - Hmmmm ... a lot of detail and such but nothing to grab onto. IR rendition in this cae does not add much visual "value" to the image IMO.

Andrew Davidhazy - Honeoye Falls - It is what it is. The dark mass on left could have benefited from more detail ... or maybe camera should have pointed a bit more to the right. Realizing that in extreme wide angle pinhole photography the light fall off to the edges can be significant.

Andy