Re: D200 autofocus issue

If you are looking at the camera body with the lens flange exposed and visible, at about the 6:30 position is a little protruding blade.  It slides into a corresponding slot on the lens mount.  Newer G lenses for example, don't have a corresponding slot and are only electronically controlled.  My recollection is that the D200 has provision for both.  If your lens has the slot, the body attempts to use it for auto focussing.  My lenses are a mixed bag, some do but most don't.

Cheers,
James

Sent from David's iPad