Re: Members photographs on 11 FEB 2012

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated FEB 11, 2012. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

Christopher Strevens - Bus crowd:
An interesting shot, not one that holds my eye for very long but one I appreciate as it forms a window into a world vastly removed from my own.

Bob McCulloch - Mysterious Island  (alternate title suggestion:  Gunsights )
I want to see more of that pier! Fascinating texture.. Maybe this is why I peered longer and harder at this image than I thought I would .. you did that deliberately didn't you? Just showing enough to make people tip their heads, stand on their toes and adjust their glasses to see the texture better..

Howard Leigh - Wet Whitehaven, Cumbria, U.K.
I totally love the perspective of the road surface - white lines balanced precariously with shadowy figures sliding past my vision. I think I can smell the chipy down the road a way.

John Palcewski - For Sale :
Another window into another world. I'd very much like to see that young ladies eyes, you tease..

Emily L. Ferguson - Late spring afternoon, Boston, MA.
Love the tones, the angles, the atmosphere - very much. Grumpy criticism 'cause I'm looking for things to bug me - a counterclockwise rotation of 1 degree pleases me. I still really love this one .. a lot.

Dan Mitchell - Narrowboat
I'm currently building a boat, a Lao styled narrow thing.. they call them 'long' rather than narrow there so I'm told, even though they're fiendishly narrow. I can understand the curiosity value of such a vehicle, but as an image I find myself lusting for more information. The boat appears too isolated from the river and I want to see more of the environment this thing lives in. I also find the tones in the shadow too thin..

Sherie Taylor - Venice Pier at sunrise
Can you get that gull to move across to the left about 200 pixels and down about 50 or so please? If that beach looked cleaner I'd also ask you to lie down in the sand., but keep the framing of the pier where it is.. but I understand if you tell me to sod off.

Robert G. Earnest - Butte, Montana
I don't want to review this image, the blue cast from that atmospheric haze is hurting my brain too much.. Argh! you broke one of my eyes!