From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Palcewski
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:33 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: PF members exhibit on 14-01-12

Hans Klemmer - Fleur de mer   In Italy it's frutta da mare, and I'm
thinking that if you had not provided a tile or a caption, very few if
any would identify this flowery collection as fish.   It's an
esthetically pleasing composition that does not rely on familiarity or
recognition of subject.

Trevor Cunningham - erect structure   Whenever I see a Freudian
phallus I remember a joke .  Guy goes to a shrink who give him a
Rorschach test.   The shrink raises the first inkblot and asks, "What
do you see?"  The guy says it's a naked woman lying on a bed with her
legs spread.  The next?  The guy says it's two lesbians having sex.
The third?   Two guys having sex.  The shrink says, "Obviously you see
sex everywhere you look."  The guy replies, "Hey, doc, you're the one
with all the dirty pictures."

Rob Miracle - Halos and Horns  In the 1800s Julia Margaret Cameron
produced a number of dream-like allegorical and Arthurian images,
which weren't widely appreciated.   I think this image is way too
detailed and harsh to work as a dream or a metaphor, especially when
at the bottom there are credits for the author and stylist.

Dan Mitchell - Malcolm   Photo manipulation works best and succeeds
when it's not detected, and in this case the severe dodging of the
face is all too obvious.  If it were darker and more sharply focused
it would be more effective.  Also, were this mine, I'd be inclined to
crop off some of that wasted black space.

Yoram Gelman - Winter Walk    I'm very familar with and deeply love
Central Park in all seasons, but  for some reason I can't quite
articulate, this representation leaves me cold.