Re: How to...upgrade my pc (ot)

On Thu, January 5, 2012 06:38, Adi Spivak wrote:
> Speaking as an IT manager who done that a few times, no chance.
> Do it slowly. Read before you click and take into account that you might
> need to reinstall some stuff (windows update for example) and you will be
> fine.

The only cases I can think of where stuff on an unrelated drive was
destroyed involved user error -- typing the wrong drive letter.  Of
course, during the boot process in this kind of upgrade, the drive letters
may not be what you set them to in normal use, so determining the "right"
drive letter can be a challenge.

> Of course as a disclaimer, make sure to backup everything :)

Very much agree, of course.  And I don't even own stock in any backup or
disk drive companies :-).
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info