From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pini Vollach
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 12:23 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: How to...upgrade my pc (ot)

Hi bunch of professionals,
I ask it here as I appriciate your minds.
I decided to upgrade my pc by changing its motherboard, CPU and adding more
HDDs.
Till now I used MS XP PRO and I'm quite happy with it, especially because it
handle an old SCSI card working for my Nikon LSII scaner.
I would like to go on with the existing installation of the XP as install
everything from scrach is a big mess that can even cost me additional money
for softwares I dont have a disk or installation files.
I found an essay in MS web site saying how to do it - to start an
installation, to choose "Upgrade", to turn off the computer when it start to
reboot, to change to the new motherboard, to turn on and let XP complete the
upgrade session.
I'm now on the changing the board
My C drive is sitting on a 500 Gb HDD wich have a partition to another drive
on it.
The backup drive for this drive failed last week so I don't have a backup
for it.
My question is: What is the risk XP upgrade installation will erase my data
on the adjuscent drive ?
If I have high risk, I'll install a new XP on the new drive, will copy the
data to this same drive for backup and then will try to complete the
upgrade.  Do this can work without problems ?

Pini

Sent from Pini Vollach's portable phone.

James Schenken <jds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Mark:
>

>Best wishes for your wife in this difficult situation.
>
>Have you discussed laser treatment with your ophthalmologist?  Sometimes it
can be an effective treatment for this condition.

>Have you considered going to the nearest university health system for a
second opinion?  There may be other options to consider.