Re: PF members exhibit on 10/29/11

In a message dated 31/10/2011 17:21:32 GMT Standard Time, photo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
That brought back some fond memories of my childhood in Glasgow (but
I haven't quite lost the spirit).
Many thanks for sharing. My only 'Glaswegian' contact these days is a retired headmaster but he spent his formative years on Lewis - a somewhat stricter environment I expect, possibly with a well worn tawse or two.

Michael

PS my childhood was spent in the West Riding of Yorkshire where we could teach the Scots a bit about thrift were we so minded.   The Scots are well known for looking at every penny twice before spending it. The Yorkshireman puts it back in his pocket.