Comments on member's gallery of PHOTOFORUM digest 5837

My comments for the week:
> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 29, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>

>               Emily Ferguson - Milkweed
A record of a gently seen detail of nature. Light, in both weight and photography lend to an isolation of nature that bespeaks to season's end. Lovely, but sad.

>               Trevor Cunningham - small leaf detail
Another detail of nature that isolates to show form, but also flaws. The combination is more interesting than perfection.

>               John Palcewski - Self Portrait II
Diagonal line of face, with square format in B&W, and with brilliant detail makes a wonderful photograph showing me experience and skill of craft.

>               Sherie Taylor - Halloween
The rigid ordered composition is saved by the tree base and curved road. For me, graveyards/cemeteries reveal a particular visual connection between the living and the dead that has long been a subject of the camera.

>               Christopher Strevens = My first success
Glowing lights, rings of metal, refections all point to a machine I don't recognize. A mystery until I read the description. I'd rather have the mystery, than the explanation.

>               Michael Hughes - October evening on Barton Water
Rather contrasty, but through that contrast, conveying the moment of light, water and time that was captured. Sometimes a technically incorrect image best describes a memory.

>               Pini Vollach - Duo
A sequencing of two images that takes the viewer where it wants them to go. Color, shape, and objects, all separate entities, brought together to form an interesting new whole. I am not sure if the cropping of the left photo (fender of the green motorcycle) needs to move left  or not. The tension of present cropping just might be the best.

>               Don Roberts - Fall Corn Field

The present  image describes space through color and isolation of objects that, rather than being grand and magnificent, is lonely and distant. For me, the description begs for a two picture sequence of the images that would bring the element of time into the pictures.

Thank you to all of the contributors!
Belinda Peters