Re: Everybody Is A Photographer

>Think of so many movies these days - the hyped up colours that are all the rage.. Matrix-style, 300, etc.. see here
for the "everything is teal and orange" point http://www.cracked.com/article_18664_5-annoying-trends-that-make-every-movie-look-same.html
(language warning)

Thanks for that link.

Yes - I'd noticed it and No - I don't like it either.
It's as if they have to "over-egg" the effect these days.
Colour grading is a very important part of the film industry: and used skillfully it can change the
mood without you really being aware of it (like a good soundtrack).  Like make up ... a little enhances ... a lot looks
cheap.

Aside from it being a "popular" trend ... it's also a great way to cover up badly lit and recorded scenes. Monochrome
is the extreme ... but it's a lot easier to hide "errors" with a thick coat of make up than it is to grade them all to
look both natural and the same.

"Troy" ... what a shite movie that was.  All greenscreen and gimick :o)

What's all that to do with photoforum?

Probably "user expectation".  The customer is accustomed to badly coloured images from the video media. Makes it easier
for a photog to get away with the same lack of skill/taste :o)

Rob