Review

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 17, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

               Hans Klemmer - Hmmm. The children's expressions don't seem to match the surroundings they're in which makes ms wonder why they're so happy to be in such destruction. Reminds me a bit of Cartier-Bresson's similarish image whose name escapes me.

               John Retallack - Larry. I wish there was more separation btwn his hair and the tree leaves. The image feels cramped...moving further away would have loosened things up a bit. Nothing about this image says Laughing Larry to me. Rather, I see Serious Dude.

               Emily L. Ferguson - Schooner Alabama's topsail crew. The mast and sails look great. Wish there was something showing movement. It appears static for an activity that is surely anything but.

               Bob Turner - Noah's new scarf. There isn't a parent alive who wouldn't give their left arm for portrait like this of their child. Great capture.

               D.L. Shipman - Busy work. This is a great action shot made weaker by the too  busy background.

               Lea Murphy - Edyn with blocks, thirteen and a half months. A classic pose that i have found to be a great seller in my studio. I'm pleased with this image and especially the texturizing process. One reviewer said it was too white but that is intentional for the look I'm trying to achieve.

               Christopher Strevens - Run down railway in Hungary. Level and/or curves wold help this image. It lacks punch.

               John Palcewski - Leaves. I like the colors in this image very much. A tighter crop from the right wold eliminate some visual debris and ,ake the image more pleasing to my eye.

the most wonderful things in life aren't things