review

Alan Zinn
First class or coach
Clear and crisp. I love airplanes. Just not ones used in war.

Emily L. Ferguson
Claiborne Pell bridge at night
Beautiful capture of this bridge and the city beyond. Great night scene. Romantic.

Per Ofverbeck
Chilly...
Yes, indeed! Looks like those trees could be 30 feet tall and buried! How'd you manage to stand on all that snow? Yes, I know, illusion.

Bob Talbot
Mary
One for the family picture book. I do like the way Mary is standing in the doorway. Can't tell if she's coming or going. I'm sure she's felt that way sometimes, too.

Pini Vollach
Window of the long house
One of my favorites this week. The old wood contrasts well with the fresh greenery outside. The kind of picture I'd like to take. I have trouble getting the things in the shadows to show up equally as well as the things in the sunshine. Good job.

Christopher Strevens
Summer On Box Hill
Like the colors in this one. Good expression of summer. I think I'd like to see a sharp focus on that one brown leaf. Or just take it out altogether.

Terry L. Mair
Bride
Funny what things people are proud of and want to show off. The kind of wedding picture I'd like to call mine. I've just hung a beautiful set of Burgundy/wine color drapes over my big window in my studio. When I get my Victorian style "telephone seat" I think I'll have a good start on my wedding props.

Trevor Cunningham
Baalat Jebel
A nice shot of what used to be. Was there a house/building at one time where the pillars are?  Over all, I think a little more contrast would add some depth. Good use of black and white for the subject matter.

Mark Harris
Christmas Cactus Flowers
Beautiful shot of bright colors against a dark background. My own personal taste makes me want to see more of the flower faces.

Andrew Davidhazy
Lesley
Normally I don't comment on nudes. This time, thank you for not showing what we all know is there. This one is a little cold. Perhaps a more neutral or earth tone for the background and softer light. And paint her a tan over her swimsuit white. It's distracting. Nice pose. Though, if she couldn't clean up the bottom of her foot, maybe turn it away from the lens.

Thanks everyone for contributing. And thanks Andy and staff for this opportunity.

Shyrell Melara

For the Quality You Deserve!
Melara Family Photography
http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com