Re: Gallery Reviews

Kostas writes:

>wonderfull shot...

(Blush)  Thanks much.

>and a great publicity piece for the band...

Actually the band (the Dixie Power Trio--an amazing
jazz/blues/zydeco quartet--yes, quartet) didn't much
like this one.  Too arty.  Too little face.

Marilyn writes:

>I like the tonal quality of this photograph.  Also,
>the surprise of another musician peeking around the
>side of his instrument.

Also thanks.  Film is T400CN, the low end scanner's
delight.

As for the pic itself, I saw the shades peeking out
from behind the tuba and the sax player's shades
moving across the stage and went for it.  Occasionally
I get what I'm going for.

Happy snaps, John

=====
J. Mason, Charlottesville, Virginia
New Pics, Greg Howard Band at Starr Hill Music Hall:
http://www.greghoward.com/sights/stills/starrhill/