From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lea Murphy
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 12:04 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Rene Hales/Keith Carter

Rene,

Thanks for the info.

I took the Black and White Master Print class at SFPW a couple years ago
with George DeWolfe. It completely changed my world. He is an amazing
instructor, the facility was wonderful and the people in the class were just
a blast; as you say, very stimulating. I learned things I don't believe I
would have learned no matter how much reading and practicing I did.

I hope, hope, hope Keith comes back and I hope when he does my schedule
allows me to attend.

When I was in Santa Fe for the bw print class Eye One hosted the opening of
the show A Shadow Falls by Nick Brandt. I was able to visit with him for
quite some time, see his work up close, and see proof prints for the book.
It was a wonderful experience that only reinforced the work I was doing in
the class.

Santa Fe is magical...

Lea

On Aug 13, 2011, at 8:07 PM, rene@xxxxxx wrote:

> Lea, I loved the class. It was hard work - assignmets and editing to 15
max images every day and group critiques everyday. Keith is direct with his
feedbac.
> As i look back i am pleased and somewhat amazed with images I got. He said
we cac probably best assess the pact after abt 6 months. The group i was in