Re: Fixative for old BW prints

Hi Gary,
I've not found a fixitive that won't yellow or degrade a silver print. Someone on the list suggested plexiglass and that would certainly work to protect the images. My personal suggestion is to digitise the negatives and reprint the photographs on a heavyweight, glossy paper on a wide format printer (as I'm sure you've got at your offices). This will give your customer a new and fairly easily replaced group of images for them to display and it will give your company a chance to generate a little bit of income or create some goodwill if you make the print for a good customer for free.

Hans Klemmer

Instructor, Photo Department, College of DuPage
(currently in Belfast, Northern Ireland)