Subject: Fixative for old BW prints
From: Gary Lobdell <GLobdell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, August 04, 2011 2:57 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

One of my county clients has an aerial photo mosaic that we produced for them in 1977.  It is 8 ft. x 8 ft. and made up of numerous wet processed black and white enlargements.  It was never laminated and now that they have moved it to a high traffic hallway, people cannot seem to look at it without touching it.  I suggested that they use an aerosol fixative on it, however, someone told me that those sprays may cause the prints to yellow.  Does anyone have any experience with a fixative on old prints?

Gary A. Lobdell, CP, PS | Senior Photogrammetrist
The Sidwell Company

675 Sidwell Court | St. Charles, Illinois 60174-3492
Office: 630-549-1020 | Cell: 630-715-3390

Notice: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain confidential or proprietary information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this message in error, any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and then delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.